1. CITY EVANGELISM - Gospel meetings in homes and church buildings with non- Christians interested in learning about Christ's church.
2. VILLAGE EVANGELISM - preaching by invitation to those who want to know Jesus and His Word.
3. KATE CABE MEMORIAL BIBLE INSTITUTE - preacher-training schools (meeting 1 day per week), with some 22,500 attending classes (2 to 4 hours per class). There are 1,612 branches of KCMBI being conducted in 9 states and 1 union territory In 11 languages.
4. GOSPEL FILM TEAMS - showing a motion picture produced in India on the life of Christ. Indians love movies and India produces more motion pictures annually than any other country (up to l,OOO). This film has proven to be a very effective evangelistic tool (through 2007 some 125,000 people have been converted using this film).
5. SUPPLYING TOOLS FOR NATIVE INDIAN PREACHERS - to assist them to do their work In spreading the Gospel to their own people (bicycles, Bibles, New Testaments, Gospel literature, etc.).
6. PREACHER ASSISTANCE - helping with medical bills and personal financial crises of needy, faithful Indian preachers.
7. DENOMINATIONAL PREACHERS' SEMINARS - designed to reach denominational preachers who have had a good deal of teaching and who show an interest in learning more about the church of the New Testament.
8. INDIA BIBLE SCHOOL - similar to World Bible School but In 7 different languages and with Indian teachers.
9. PRINTING GOSPEL LITERATURE - of various kinds In several Indian languages (and English).
10. KAREN PRIMARY SCHOOL - This is a school for slum area children in Hyderabad, who (because of family poverty) are unable to attend school anywhere else (one way to create opportunities to lead precious souls to Christ).
11. ELLEN CARTHEN MEMORIAL MEDICAL CLINIC - 2 branches (1 in the Shapoomagar area of Hyderabad and a 2nd in Yerragondapalem of Prakash am District, both In Andhra Pradesh), giving free medical care and medicines to those who are poor and needy.
12. CARL CROSSER MEMORIAL INSTITUTE OF BIBLICAL STUDIES - these are our Bible boot camps" (3-month schools) conducted at 5 locations: Thubadu (Guntur Dist.); Markapur and Pangulur (Prakasham Dist.); and Hyderabad (Jagathgirigutta Hllls) -all In Andhra Pradesh; and, 1 in Bldar (Kamataka). Each batch trains 25 to 40 students; each school conducts 3 batches per year (a total of 15 batches). Our plan is that by the end of 2008, all KCMBI teachers will have been trained at CCMIBS, regardless of any other training they may have received. Additional schools are being considered for the future.
13. FOLLOW-UP WORK - in areas where new and existing churches are located, to build a strong and lasting work.
14. HASLAM-FULFORD MEMORIAL PREACHERS' LECTURES - held in a different city each year, training preachers (especially recently converted men from denominations) and those who will become leaders in the Lord's church.
15. WOMEN HELPING WOMEN - various programs designed to help people learn skills to provide for their families, and to reach those who normally would not attend Gospel meetings-(Hindus and Muslims). These ministries include: (1) Lahoma Crosser Memorial Tailoring Institute-25 branches, providing sewing machines and other equipment to train women in tailoring; (2) Women in Ministry-providing financial support for Christian women to conduct evangelistic ladies' classes and home Bible studies (a woman can enter a woman's home in India when a man cannot); (3) Educational Fund-to help poor Christian youth to further their education and prepare them for a brighter future, by breaking the cycle of dependency and poverty. t
16. VIOLET'S KIDS - a foster home in Bangalore caring for "dustbin children" (thrown into trashcans, left at railway stations and bus depots). These children receive love and care, along with food, clothing, shelter, education and medical care in a Christian environment.
17. HARVEY CABE MEMORIAL CHILDREN'S HOME - There are 3 branches of this home (Markapur and Chirala in Praksaham District , and Thubadu in Guntur District all in Andhra Pradesh), caring for about 1 20 children. These children are provided with food, education, clothing, shelter, medicalcare-and a lot of love! They are taught God's Word daily, and are taught Christian values and to pray and to rely upon God. You can be a "foster parent" for only $25 per month.
Contact us at: POC@ChurchofChristBWV.org We meet at: 405 Pike Street Phone: (304) 363-9060